Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Relics

"Relics," 10" x 13", made by Pam Geisel

Earlier this year one of my quilting friends passed away and her family passed along some of her quilting supplies, including three small pieces that she had started but not finished. I am not sure what her plans were for these pieces but they spoke to me so I decided to finish them in a way that would honor her. I also wanted to try and only use embellishments from her stash.


Sue liked to make art out of found objects and often used items that had some importance for her or her family. I'm not sure if these embellishments had specific relevance to her but them appeared to me to be relics of something, which was why I picked this name.


Some of the fabric edges were left loose and frayed, so I hid some of the embellishments partially under the fabric.


Relics is the second of the three pieces. Forget-Me-Nots, which I finished back in March 2021 was the first.

More about Relics

No comments: