Friday, June 25, 2021

Afterimage


Afterimage," 13" x 10", made by Pam Geisel

Earlier this year one of my quilting friends passed away and her family passed along some of her quilting supplies, including three small pieces that she had started but not finished. I am not sure what her plans were for these pieces but they spoke to me so I decided to finish them in a way that would honor her. I also wanted to try and only use embellishments from her stash. This is the third of the three; the other two are "Forget-me-nots" and "Relics."


The green background on this piece is somewhat sheer, so I put another piece of fabric behind it that had some dots and firework-type images on it. It's subtle but you can see them if you look closely.


I thought the main shape looked like a sun so I added some glass beads as the sun's rays, although it wasn't the right color to be a sun so I named it "Afterimage," which is defined "a visual sensation occurring after stimulation by its external cause has ceased."

More about Afterimage

No comments: