- Use all of the seven colors but have one main color (with smaller pieces of fabric almost the same color to give it some visual texture)
- Have a black border with brown stars
- Have bits of the focus color on the black square in the middle, on the border, and on top of the other colors
- Have a piece of black yarn couched on top
- Have curved quilting lines 1/4" apart that echo the shape of the yarn
In this piece the focus color is ORANGE and the yarn represents WIND BLOWING.
My series was featured in Art Quilting Studio Magazine's Autumn 2018 issue on working in a series and they were also included with several quilts that other people made for the Focus Through the Prism challenge including the Wisconsin Quilt Expo in 2016. Above is Positively Pinwheels with some of the other orange quilts.
Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $300 and as a special deal, all of the Focus Through the Prism quilts are 10% off through 5/16/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.