Monday, February 22, 2021

Lavender Diamonds - Quilt of the Week


Lavender Diamonds, 68" x 68", made by Pam Geisel

This art quilt is a traditional "Broken Star" but made in a non-traditional way. Instead of being pieced, the 560 diamonds are made with 6-8 pieces of the same color hand-dyed fabric that have been fused to a background and then quilted down with black thread 1/4" apart.


The dark swoosh that goes across the middle was made by using darker fabrics in that area, and not covered with a sheer fabric.


During the weeks that it took to cut, place, and fuse the diamond pieces, every time I closed my eyes I would still see the diamond shapes. While I was quilting it, every time I closed my eyes I'd see lines that were 1/4" apart.


It was awarded Honorable Mention at AQS QuiltWeek, Lancaster, PA, in 2015.


Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $3200 through 2/28/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.

No comments: