Monday, February 15, 2021

My Soul in a Blackberry Pie - Quilt of the Week

 
My Soul in a Blackberry Pie, 19" x 29", made by Pam Geisel

My Soul in a Blackberry Pie was another one of the quilts I made for the Americana series. 

For this piece I actually wove the fabric for the lattice pie top before I quilted it down and "made" the berries by quilting roundish shapes between the lattice. My husband makes wonderful pies and I used one of his as a reference for this pie.

Like last week's quilt "Picnic at Ellis Pond," this quilt was featured in the Autumn 2019 issue of Art Quilting Studio magazine in a story about using perspective with foreground objects.

Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $400 through 2/21/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.


No comments: