Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Using Perspective and 3D Art Quilt featured in Art Quilting Studio Magazine

Five of my art quilts are featured in Art Quilting Studio's Magazine's Autumn 2019 issue!


Four of the Americana Series art quilts ("Picnic at Ellis Pond," "Sunflowers at Whitehall Farm," "My Soul in a Blackberry Pie," and "Kings Yard Farmers Market") are included in an article about using perspective with foreground object.


I explain how I made the picnic basket, bicycle, pie, and baskets with apples all larger to indicate that they are in the foreground of the image.


My 3D art quilt "How Does Your Rainbow Grow" is in the "Quilting the Odd & Unusal" section.


The article gives a brief description on how I made this 3D piece and the challenges that came up when I created it.

Art Quilting Studio is published quarterly and is packed full of new quilting techniques and innovative design ideas.

This magazine is one of many publications put out by Stampington & Company. I've heard it's available at some Joann stores. You can find a store near you where it's sold or order it directly from the Stampington website.

No comments: