Friday, February 5, 2010

Bra Quilt


Back in October of 2008 the QuiltsyTeam (a "virtual quilt guild" who all sell on Etsy) decided to make Bra blocks for a "Bra Quilt for Breast Cancer." The blocks were joined together with sashing, quilted and bound and is was for sale in our QuiltsyTeam shop on Etsy. The proceeds of this sale was donated to a major charity that raises money for breast cancer research.

It measures 56 x 78 inches and the label on the back has the name of each of the block makers in the order of the blocks on the front of the quilt. The background fabric is pink with pink ribbons on it.

The block that I made is in the top row, second from the left. I used a funky batik and couched a variegated yarn around the fabric and also for the straps.

And if you thought the title meant a quilt made from bras, maybe next time!

3 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Unique and Wonderful!

quiltingfrenzy said...

Great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I have some bras I could have donated as due to health problems last year, I went from a barely A to a DD!!! I'm thinking of framing them in all the sizes once I lose the weight. If I knew how to quilt that would be a great idea, but I don't even know how to hem or sew a button on.

Did you know that March 17th or March 20th is National Quilting Day. The proceed go to the troops.

New here, you have beautiful work.