Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Quilts for a Baby Shower

I'm going to be a great-aunt, although I am seriously too young to be a "great-aunt." It's time for the baby shower and it just doesn't seem right, getting a gift for the shower. I'm a quilter, so I need to give a baby quilt.

Our insurance guy mentioned that he comes from a big family and that his mom has over 60 grandkids. My first thought was that I hoped she wasn't a quilter, as most quilters I know feel obligated to make quilts for all of their grandkids.

So far I've made quilts for my niece and nephew that came after I became a quilter so now it's starting into the next generation. Although I hope I don't end up with over 60 nieces and nephews!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, 60 grandkids! That must mean that she has lots of kids. I am sure the will love the quilt from you!