Monday, May 17, 2021

Time Lapse Moon Rise - Quilt of the Week

 

Time Lapse Moon Rise, 20" x 31", handmade by Pam Geisel

I made this quilt for the Fly Me to the Moon traveling exhibit, 2016-2019 and it was included in the "Fly Me to the Moon: an Art Quilt Journey" by Susanne Miller Jones.

Because the earth is rotating while the moon "rises" it changes position in the sky,  rising at an angle. Depending on what time of day the moon rises, it will appear different colors.


All of the quilts in the exhibit had to be 20" x 31" in a portrait orientation so in order to fill up the space I decided to have a reflection of the moon in water.


I was able to see all the quilts together when they were at the Indianapolis Quilt Guild show in 2017.

The blog post I wrote when I made the quilt shows some photos of my process.

Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $800 through 5/23/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.

No comments: