Thursday, April 11, 2013

Industrial Dayton - Day 3

"Dayton Landmark Quilts Redux: Industrial Dayton C" (number three of three) made by Pam Geisel, 17" x 42", April 2013; reference photo on the left taken by Ronnie Doyal.  

I worked on the buildings on the right side of the photo, including the top of the church. 

I used fusible web on the back of the fabrics, making sure to trace the shapes from the back side of my outline reference so they are the reverse on the back of the fabric. I usually use a light box to trace the shapes onto the fusible web.

I like to work in small sections so I don't get the fused pieces mixed up.


Tomorrow...the buildings on the left side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To read about all of the steps in making this quilt, click here.

 

No comments: