Friday, January 22, 2010

Golden Frost Art Quilt and Table Runner



I made this quilt in November of 2007. It features fabrics with tan, brown, and black and they also have gold printed on them. The larger lighter colored squares and the black sashing are pieced, the smaller squares are turned edge applique and quilted 1/4" around them.


I love the gold on these fabrics. Shortly after I made this ny mother had the inside of her house repainted (it was yellow when I lived there, then it was a country blue and pink but now it's a combination of stylish beige tints). She saw this quilt and mentioned how she though it would match her new wall colors and sure enough, it really did.


For Christmas last year she requested a smallish table runner that matched this quilt.



I didn't have all of the same fabrics (some of the light pieces in the middle were purchased as Fat Eighths from a store that was going out of business) but I had enough of the inner and outer borders, and she's happy with both of them.

More about Golden Frost on the Window.

No comments: