Monday, October 25, 2021

Relics - Quilt of the Week

 
"Relics," 10" x 13", handmade by Pam Geisel, 2020

I made this piece in honor of a friend who was interested in found objects and repurposing them in art. The fabric and embellishments were hers, including the "sequin waste" that has been couched to the front of the quilt.


An unintended consequence of this title is that every time I read it, I get the lyrics to Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock-n-Roll" in my head: 

Call me a relic, call me what you will.
Say I'm old fashioned, say I'm over the hill. 
Today's music ain't got the same soul, 
I like that old time rock-n-roll.

Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $90 through 10/31/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.

No comments: