Monday, July 19, 2021

Millefiori Moonlight - Quilt of the Week


Millefiori Moonlight, 38" x 29", made by Pam Geisel

I made this in 2018 and I was inspired by the colorful sunsets we’ve been having due to the wildfires out west. I also wanted to make a quilt that was primarily dark cool colors (blues and purples) with some pops of warm colors (yellows, oranges, and reds).

Millefiori is a glasswork technique with multicolored patterns which are viewable only from the cut ends of the glass cane. The "Roman Glass" fabric by Kaffe Fassett for Westminister Fabrics, which I used for the clouds and on the moon reminded me of millefiori beads.​

The moon doesn't have any quilting on it so it puffs out some. I also added some batting behind it to give it more shape.

Millefiori Moonlight hanging in front of a window making the seam lines look like stained glass.

Millefiori Moonlight hanging where the setting sun hits it for a few minutes on a summer evening.

Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $1350 through 7/25/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.


 

No comments: