Monday, July 12, 2021

Delightful Daisy - Quilt of the Week

 
Delightful Daisy, 9" x 9", by Pam Geisel

Back when I was an Island Batik ambassador, I made an art quilt with orange and purple Island Batik fabrics that had a pumpkin on it. There were some leftover, oddly shaped pieces of that fabric left over so I made a small 6" x 6" piece called "Delightful Daisy" which was wrapped around a frame.

Around that time I also did some mini art quilt workshops with the Preble County Art Association and I was scheduled to do a second workshop and needed a quick project so I made this 9" x 9" version.


I've used this funky green yarn in several projects. I thought it made a good stem.

Because the 9" x 9" is a larger scale than the 6" x 6" (one and a half times larger) I needed a larger button than on the original. Luckily I had this unique green button that doesn't have visible button holes.

Because this is the Quilt of the Week, it is 10% off the original price of $70 through 7/18/21 if you purchase directly from me. Details can be found here.

No comments: