Sunday, October 13, 2019

"Breathe - Inhale" and "Breathe - Exhale"

"Breathe - Inhale" (left) and "Breathe - Exhale" (right), each 12" x 12" x .5", handmade by Pam Geisel, October 2019

When I was looking for fabric with circles printed on it (that I used in "Letting Go"), I also found this Robert Kaufman fabric Effervescence Gradation Rainbow.

Robert Kaufman, Effervescence, Gradation Rainbow

I only bought 1/4 of a yard but it was enough for me to make the two "Breathe" pieces using the same oval template that I used for "Letting Go."


I also used the same technique, ironing fusible to the back, cutting out the petals, and fusing them to a white fabric that had small white stars printed on it. I pin basted the quilt top with batting and a backing fabric then quilted around the raw edges of the petals.


Both pieces are wrapped around a 12" x 12" canvas frame.

More about Breathe

No comments: