Saturday, January 9, 2016

Confetti is Good for the Soul - Project Quilting

"Confetti Is Good For The Soul," art is 4.5" x 3" in a 7" x 5" frame, made for Project Quilting, Season 7, Challenge 1: Confetti, Jan. 2016 in Yellow Springs, Ohio

Challenge recap for  "Confetti":

Your inspiration for this challenge is confetti.

For this project I decided to use the confetti technique that Noriko Endo made popular. For this technique you use very tiny pieces of fabric that are piled up, covered with netting, and then quilted down. One of my on-line quilting friends, Sally Manke, also uses this technique to make her award-winning art quilts.

This is not a technique that I'm fond of, mostly because it's really hard to control and make those tiny pieces stay where you want them long enough to quilt them down. And because I was out of town most of this week, I knew my piece would end up being pretty small.



More about Confetti is Good for the Soul


= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the Confetti challenge link up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful little piece of art, Pam!

Sally said...

It's wonderful Pam! Love your bright colors. I understand your feeling about this technique. I've had students tell me that it's not their favorite but I love it! Good Luck in the challenge! Hugs, Sally

Mulberry Patch Quilts said...

I know who I'll be voting for! Nicely done. Beautiful colors.
Jane (Mulberry Patch Quilts)