Photo by the Dairy Barn Arts Center
It is once again time for my biennial trip to see Quilt National, an art quilt exhibition held on odd-numbered years at the Dairy Barn in Athens, Ohio and attracts entries from around the globe. This year there are art quilts from 33 states and 8 countries.
The exhibit runs through Sept 7, 2105. If you don't get a chance to see it there, you can either view it on line, or catch it on tour.
On TourAs of this posting, parts of the show will tour to Akron, OH and St. Louis, MO.
The Akron exhibit will be at the Mutton Hill Quilt Show at the John S. Knight Center in Akron, Ohio on Oct. 17-18, 2015.
The St. Louis exhibit will be at the Peabody Opera House on Nov 19.-28, 2015 (closed on Nov 22 and Nov 26).
If more tours are scheduled, you can find them here.
On-LinePhotography isn't allowed in the Dairy Barn but there are many place on-line to see some of the quilts:
- Prize winners
- People's Choice leaders
- Photos of 30 of the pieces on Smugmug
Some of my favorites are here, including:
- "Growing Pains" by Kathy Brown
- "Morning Walk" by Joan Sowada
- "SYO #74" by Harue Konishi
- "Moonrise Study" by Brienne Brown
- Here's a list of the exhibitors with approximately 50 of them having links to a short video of them talking about their quilt.