Thursday, March 2, 2023

Kaleidoscope Table Runner and Placemats - Project Quilting

 
"Kaleidoscope Table Runner" 36" x 16", made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 14, Challenge 5: Sew Not a Square

Recap for "Sew Not a Square":

You may use no square shapes in your project.

If you look at the quilts on my website, at least half of them are square. But quilts lend themselves to the share shape. The designs are called "quilt squares" even. But I do sometimes make non-square quilts, including a few 3D art quilts, but something that lends itself well to rectangles are table runners. 

I had two large scale print fabric in my stash that told me they wanted to be made into a table runner, so I did. There was also enough fabric to make four placemats, which are also not square.

"Kaleidoscope Placemats" 12" x 16" each, also made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 14, Challenge 5: Sew Not a Square

I was glad the fabric told me what it wanted to be as I don't use a lot of large scale prints in my art quilts and the fabric was really cool.


And the prints on the fabric are also not squares.


= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the Sew Not Square page.







3 comments:

Danice G said...

Very pretty and look wonderful on your table.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your beautiful new table dressings! I believe the fabric is happy.

PersimonDreams said...

so beautiful!