Wednesday, March 15, 2023

DragonFlight - Project Quilting

 

"DragonFight" 6" x 6", made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 14, Challenge 6: Conquer a Fear


Recap for "Conquer a Fear":

Your project must involve conquering something that scares you.

OK, so I'm not scared of dragonflies. I'm not really fond of bugs in general, so I thought I'd start with baby steps and focus on an insect that I'm OK being around, and maybe when I encounter the insects that I don't like as much, I'll be able to see the similarities it has to a dragonfly.


I used the same gray sheer fabric for the dragonfly's wings that I used for the bee's wings in "Bee Kind" and the prism in "Breaking Light."



The background is a lovely batik that has greens and purples in it. I thought it looked like flowers in a garden that are out of focus because they're in the background. I also couched a piece of purply yarn along the bottom to add even more visual (and literal) texture.

It's wrapped around a canvas frame.

More about DragonFight

= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the Conquer a Fear page.

2 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think that looking for similarities and connections to things that are not as scary are good steps towards overcoming a fear. Beautiful work of art!

PersimonDreams said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love how you finished the peice too.