Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Four Lovely Little Flowers

(Clockwise from upper left) "Cheery Blossoms," "Winking Periwinkle," "Purple Petals," and "Daffy O'Dilly," 6" x 6" each, wrapped around canvas frames, by Pam Geisel 


I have a solo show at the Yellow Springs Brewery. As I was getting prepared for it, I decided that I wanted to make some more small 6" x 6" pieces wrapped around canvases. I also wanted these pieces to go with "Morning Glories for Georgia," which at 24" x 30" is a little larger. 

I didn't have any more of the green hand dyed fabric that I used for the background but I did have a similar piece of commercial green fabric for the backgrounds, and just like "Morning Glories" I used hand dyed fabric for the flowers.


They are raw-edge applique with the edges sewn down. Three of them are embellished with bead while the daffodil has a vintage button that was the perfect size, shape, and color.

The exhibit at the Yellow Springs Brewery is up through Jan. 5, 2022. The brewery is located at 305 N. Walnut Street in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and they are open Mon.-Th. 1-9 pm, Fri. 1-10 pm, Sat. noon-10 pm, and Sun. noon-8 pm.

No comments: