Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Cascades" wins second place!

I recently made a series of six art quilts that feature scenes from the Glen Helen Nature Preserve, located in Yellow Springs, Ohio. The photo on the left is the art quilt I made, and the photo on the right was my reference material.

The Glen Helen Association is celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year and recently had a juried show of art that featured the Glen. I could only enter three of the quilts in the show, and since the two Pine Forest quilts were already sold, it made the decision a little easier. I entered "Cascades," "Trillium," and "Grinnell Mill."

I think I picked the right three to enter because "Cascades," won a second place ribbon and "Grinnell Mill" sold! Unfortunately the show is now over, and I wasn't able to attend the Artists' Reception, but I did hear that it was a wonderful show.

The only other time that I won a ribbon, I was also unable to attend the Artists's Reception. Hmm. Maybe I should stop going to the receptions if it means I'd start win ribbons.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you did a wonderful job of capturing the falls! I love it. Congrats on your ribbon!