Thursday, December 10, 2009

Xylo-Nebula-Phone and Crossings

"Xylo-Nebula-Phone," 24" x 15", made by Pam Geisel, March 2008

This background and sashing of this art quilt were pieced and the colored squares were turned under applique. It is quilted with black thread on the sashing with a wavy line and also on the appliqued squares.


I didn't have one large piece of the background fabric but I was able to arrange the smaller pieces so they looked like one big piece.


I made up the word XyloNebulaPhone because I thought this quilt looked like a xylophone but the background was kind of nebulous.

More about Xylo-Nebula-Phone.

= = =

"Crossings," 25" x 17", made by Pam Geisel, August 2008

I made the same quilt using different batik fabrics. On this one the smaller squares are all the same fabric.


More about Crossings


No comments: