Monday, December 7, 2009

Fabric Mosaic Flowers: Yellow Flower and Cone Flower

 
"Yellow Flower," 10" x 8", made by Pam Geisel, March 2008

I made both of these flower mosaics back in March of last year.

"Yellow Flower" is a fabric mosaic my arranging small pieces of fabric on innerfacing, covering with tulle, then quilting it in place and framing it.


I was inspired by a photo that I took of a flower on the colors didn't come out correctly and instead of the background being green, it looked blue. I thought it was cool so I went with it.

This piece was awarded a People's Choice of Merit at the Fairborn Art Association's Spring Fine Arts Show in May 2008.

More about Yellow Flower.


= = =

"Cone Flower," 5" x 7", made by Pam Geisel, March 2008

"Cone Flower" is another fabric mosaic made from a photo that I took. Cone flowers are common in southwestern Ohio.


I love the way the different pinks add dimension to it.

More about Cone Flower.

No comments: