Friday, June 5, 2009

Beach Fabric Mosaic

"Beach," 10" x 8", made by Pam Geisel, March 2008

I made this framed piece in March of 2008. It is a fabric mosaic. I arrange small pieces of fabric on a background fabric or piece of innerfacing.

For this piece I blended the blue fabrics from dark to light. To help make the pieces look like they are blending, I used some light blue fabric that had white printed on it. Some of those were originally white clouds on a blue sky but it's hard to recognize that since the pieces are cut up small.


I also arranged some cream colored fabric with a slightly darker cream closer to the blue because wet sand is darker than dry sand. Where the blue and cream fabrics meet I put white fabric to represent the foam where the waves meet the sand.

I sewed the piece down then framed them.

More about Beach.

No comments: