Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Custom t-shirt quilts this year

 


I've been busy making t-shirt quilts, and these two were a little out of the ordinary. The one above doesn't actually use t-shirts, they're baseball jerseys. There were fewer shirts than I usually put in a t-shirt quilt but since the images on the jerseys were a little larger than most t-shirt images, it ended up working out. The image above shows the front of the quilt (left) and the back of the quilt. The front has the front of each shirt and the back has the back of each shirt, which I though was really cool. Because they are sports shirts, I like to use green for the sashing between. I considered using green for the outside borders but I had a brown fabric that was like the color of the dirt in the infield. I also added four white square “plates” around the outside. Frankly, I think I knocked this one out of the park.

Aside from being extra long (so long it was too big for where I usually take photos of the t-shirt quilts), the t-shirt quilt on the left is a little unusual because it wasn't for just one person, it included shirts from several immediate and extended family members. So several people can snuggle up under it together. I thought this was a good idea for someone who wants a t-shirt quilt but doesn't have enough shirts from one person, or for a parent who has a few special shirts from more than one child.

If you want a closer look at either t-shirt quilt, just click on it.



No comments: