Sunday, January 16, 2022

Mystical Moon Cat - Project Quilting

"Mystical Moon Cat" 6" x 6" x .5", made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 13, Challenge 2: In Silhouette

Recap for "In Silhouette":

Be inspired by the concept of silhouette; explore the idea of a simple, contrasting image.

I love using silhouettes in both my art quilts and also in my graphic design. I've just started a larger project that I think will have a silhouette in it, although I'm not positive what the silhouette will be of. If I get that project finished, it won't likely be until summer time.


Because I've worked with silhouettes in the past, I've already got some sketches of silhouettes, including this one of a cat on a crescent moon, although I did spend some time trying to decide which fabric to use. It wasn't until I remembered I had some Island Batik Sea Salt Sandie fabrics (one of my favorites from when I was an Island Batik Ambassador) that I knew this was what I wanted to make.


I've made several of these little 6 x 6 wrapped around canvas pieces, both for other Project Quilting challenges and for Island Batik projects and they're quite fun to make.

More about Mystical Moon Cat.


= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the In Silhouette page.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing up this sweet PQ 13.2 entry! Was this wrapped around one of those flat artist canvas boards?

Pam Geisel Art Quilts said...

It's a 6 " x 6" x 5/8" canvas.

PersimonDreams said...

This is so sweet! I love that you wrapped it around a canvas - great method for finishing!