Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Double Sided Scrappy Table Runner for Quiltsy Scrappy Quilt Challenge


Quiltsy, my on-line Etsy quilting group, is having a scrappy quilt challenge. Here's a small double-sided table runner that I made using 5" batik fabric squares that were left over from a couple of different "charm" packs. A charm pack is a collection of 5" squares with each square being a different but coordinating fabric. I'd already used most of the charms and I wasn't sure what to do with the leftover pieces so voila!


Originally I was going to make a larger table runner with all of the fabrics on the same side and a solid backing fabric but I couldn't find an arrangement that I liked. Then I realized that the black and brown fabrics complemented each other, as did the blue and greens. I did have to add some fabric from my stash for the half square triangles in the "corners" as those have to be a little larger than 5".


I was able to find a navy/gray fabric to use for the binding (it looks navy on the blue/green side and like a dark gray on the black/brown side). I also used a navy thread for quilting because it looks like black on the black/brown side.

No comments: