Saturday, March 24, 2018

3D Rainbow Flying Geese - Project Quilting

Two quilted postcards, curved and straight, 6" x 4" each, made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 9, Challenge 6: SCRAPtastic, Mar. 2018 in Yellow Springs, Ohio

Challenge recap for "SCRAPtastic":

Your project must use a MINIMUM of twelve (12) fabrics, no matter how small the piece. You, of course, are welcome to use more than 12 if you wish.

So many ideas, so little time. For this project I got into my Project Quilting "Focus Through the Prism" Cherrywood fabrics, although that group only had seven fabrics so I added a light purple, a medium purple, a dark green, plus the red batik at the top and the black fabric to have 12 fabrics.


The "Flying Geese" started as 1" squares that were cut in half diagonally and then attached to the background by sewing them through the middle and leaving their points unattached, so they can curl up or whatever they want. I couched black yarn over the thread that sewed down the triangles.


I couldn't decide on an arrangement of the Flying Geese triangles and I had a whole extra set so I made two postcards.

More on Rainbow Flying Geese Curved and Straight

= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the SCRAPtastic link up.

1 comment:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Such a fun idea! I love how the edges of the geese are loose from the background!