Tuesday, February 14, 2017

emPATHy - Project Quilting

"emPATHy," art is 2.5" x 4", made by Pam Geisel for Project Quilting, Season 8, Challenge 4: Brighter the Better, Feb. 2017 in Yellow Springs, Ohio

Challenge recap for "Brighter the Better":

Your project must be bright and colorful - and the more colorful, the better.

I don't think that Bright and Colorful is much of a challenge for me, most of my items are pretty colorful.


This piece has several small pieces of blue, red, and pink fabrics arranged with tulle on top. It was then quilted together with black thread and the black seed beads were added by hand.

The pink triangle looked like a path to me, especially after I added the beads. I've always liked how the word "path" is in the word "empathy" because I think that being empathetic to other people can sometimes be a process.

More about emPATHy


= = =

Click on any of the photos to see larger images.

To read more about Project Quilting, go here.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the Brighter the Better link up.

3 comments:

Deb M said...

Love this!!!

MCW Quilts said...

Like the effect of the tulle on top

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

I like that the title and the abstract nature of your projects. The seed beads add depth to this little quilt.