Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"Behind the Scenes" exhibit of Bill Franz's photos and his subject's artwork

Me and my Juki with "Lavender Diamonds," photographed by Bill Franz

Two years ago I was contacted by photographer Bill Franz. He'd recently retired from his job and wanted to take photos of artists in their studios. I'd just finished my large art quilt "Lavender Diamonds" and he thought that would be a good back drop.

This month he is having an exhibit titled "Behind the Scenes" of his photos of artists in their studios at the K12 and TEJAS Gallery and he invited myself and several other artists to participate by including a few pieces of our own artwork.

They are having a reception this Fri., Nov. 11 from 6:30-10:30 during their annual "Art Off" Fundraiser. Tickets for the event are $50 per person or $75 per couple and include food, drinks, music, performers, art demonstrations, silent and live auctions, and a live painting competition.


No comments: