Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sunny Sunflower, another Island Batik mini quilt

"Sunny Sunflower," 6" x 6", made by Pam Geisel, April 2016

I had so much fun making the 6" x 6" mini quilts wrapped around canvas frames that I made a few more. I made "Mini Mountains" a few weeks ago, and I just finished "Sunny Sunflowers," which uses the same Sea Salt Sandy Island Batik fabrics that I used when I made the first three. (Teaser, I have another project that I'm working on that also uses the Sea Salt Sandy fabrics.)


The sunflower has a brown yarn couched around the brown center, and there are glass beads that were added just inside the yarn and also in the center of the flower.


I am seriously in love with the blue-green fabric that I used for the background. It doesn't show much in the straight on shot, but since this is wrapped around the canvas frame, it's visible on the sides.

No comments: