Sunday, June 23, 2013

Seasons of Life: Aullwood's Annual Art Quilt Exhibition

"Seasons" fabric mosaics by Pam Geisel, frame sizes are 5" x 7", art is 2.5" x 2.5"

When I make my fabric mosaics I arrange small pieces of fabric on a backing fabric or innerfacing then I cover them with tulle and quilt the layers together and frame them. For this set of four, each one features a tree in a different season and the mats were cut so they appear in a different place in the black wood frame. The frames are 5" x 7" but the art is only 2.5" x 2.5".


For "Spring" I used a light green for the background and sage green, white, and pink for the new leaves and blossoms.


For "Summer" I used a richer, darker green for both the background and also the leaves.

;
For "Autumn" I used yellows, oranges, and reds for the leaves both on the tree and on the ground.


For "Winter" I used a white background to represent snow and no leaves on the tree but there is a tiny cardinal sitting on a branch.

More about Seasons fabric mosaics


These pieces will be in the 21st Annual Art Quilt Exhibition at the Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm which is June 29-Aug. 25. Aullwood is located at 1000 Aullwood Road in Dayton, Ohio and is open Mon.-Sat. 9 am-5 pm and Sun. 1-5 pm. There will be an artist reception on Sun., July 14 from 2-4 pm.

No comments: