Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tweet Dreams Baby Quilt - Project Quilting

"Tweet Dreams Baby Quilt" 30" x 30", made for Project Quilting Season 4, Challenge 6: Hurray for Spring, Mar. 2013
Quick recap of the challenge: "Hurray for Spring"
1. Hurray for Spring.
Awhile ago I set aside six hand-dyed pastel fat quarters because I knew I wanted to make a baby quilt with them, only I didn't know what I wanted to do with them. Every time a Project Quilting challenge was announced, I'd look at the fat quarters to see if I thought I could use them for that challenge. Sure, I probably could have done something for "A Square in a Square…in a square," "Annie’s Vision," "Wish Upon a Star." or even "Print Publication" but all those times I had other ideas that I liked more.

For this quilt I cut the fat quarters so I had six 5" squares (finished size) and pieced them together. Then I made five flowers with stems and a sweet little bird that I machine appliqued with a variegated pastel rainbow thread.

I quilted 'x'es through the top four rows of squares then echo quilted around the flowers and birds using the same variegated pastel rainbow thread.


The backing fabric is yellow with orange, green, blue and purple butterflies on it. The binding is pieced with the hand-dyed pastel fabric.

= = =

As always, you can click on any photo to see it larger.

To see other entries for this challenge, visit the Hurray For Spring page.

2 comments:

DownHome Designs said...

Ann, your challenge piece turned out so pretty!

thebutterflyquilter said...

Pretty!